ALATAS Marine Engineering Singapore Pte Ltd specializes in Deck Machinery repairs, especially in Anchor & Mooring Winches. AME(S) was called to carry out a full overhaul on 2 BLM combined windlasses on a Dredging vessel whilst in Singapore for dry-dock repairs.
The windlasses had deteriorated due to corrosion and a comprehensive refurbishment was required inside ALATAS Specialized workshop. The work carried out on the port and starboard side Anchor Winches was as follows:
- Dismantle complete winch units from vessel and transport to ALATAS workshop
- Renew and rework all shaft bushings, cable lifters, cable drum and shaft covers
- Service all handles, wheels and moveable control parts
- Replace all bearings and seals inside the reduction gearbox and on the input and output shafts
- Overhaul the reduction gearbox
- Rework, build-up and machine to size the brake friction surface on the cable lifter and cable drum (stainless steel)
- Replace all brake linings
- Remove, overhaul and re-wind and varnish the Electric motor with integrated brake, carry out dynamic testing and balancing
- Service the slipping clutch
- Rewire electric controls and switch box, renew junction boxes
- Carry out NDT testing on all load bearing elements
- Sand-blast and painting of all components with a 3-layer Marine Paint system
- Re-install on board, commissioning and full function testing.
Another repair job carried out by ALATAS Marine Engineering Specialists, on time and on budget.
E-motor & Magnetic Brake
Volvox Asia anchor windless port and starbd (45).
Volvox asia anchor windless portsd and starbd (45)