Please click here for Alatas Singapore Pte Ltd T&C's | Please click here to view our Alatas Singapore Crane Services brochure
Deck Crane troubleshooting on MacGREGOR TGL 4026-2/3628-2
The vessel was loading coal at Berau Anchorage in Indonesia, when crane 3 developed a problem, luffing and slewing functions stopped to operate.
The ALATAS 24 hour crane breakdown emergency hotline was activated, and a senior, multi-disciplined crane specialist was mobilized onsite overnight out of ALATAS Singapore office.
The PLC control system, CC3000 was checked and found OK, hydraulic troubleshooting revealed that the luffing pump had a catastrophic failure. This has caused metal debris to be spread throughout the system, also damaging the hydr. luffing motor and both slewing pumps beyond repair.
ALATAS Singapore supplied new pumps & motors from ex ALATAS crane parts stock in singapore, i.e.
1x 189.4780-801 Luffing Motor A2FM107
1x 289.3872-801 Hoisting / Luffing Pump A4VG125
2x 289.3872-801 Slewing Pump A4VG 125
Parts were shipped via urgent airfreight to the next loading port in Kosichang / Thailand. One additional hydraulic engineer was mobilized and crane repairs were carried out as follows:
- Hydraulic system flushing & oil cleaning
1. Drained all oil from oil tank into spare drums
2. Opened oil tank covers an thoroughly cleaned tank from all debris & slush
3. Cleaned filter housing, changed filter elements
4. Removed all hoses & piping from hoisting, luffing & slewing system, inspect & clean them
5. Removed relieve valve(s) at pump side, dismantle & internally clean it, change O-rings.
6. Remove hydraulic motor valve block(s), fully dismantle it and clean all spools & valves, change O-rings.
7. Refill hydraulic oil via portable filtration unit
- Replaced luffing motor, luffing pump and both slewing pumps with ALATAS supplied spares
- Test run crane and carried out comprehensive function checks, pressure checks and leak-oil measurement.
- Handed crane over to Stevedores for cargo operation
- Stand by during cargo operation
The crane was fully restored and again operates reliable after ALATAS comprehensive repairs.