Critical Dock Crane Recovery after Slew Bearing Flange Welding Failure
ALATAS Middle East completed a critical dock crane recovery after a slew bearing flange welding failure.
The job scope included the following:
• Condition evaluation and damage assessment of the cracked area,
• Engineering and design of safety brackets to secure the crane revolving structure for separation with the land connected part.
• Supervision of securing of crane in its position.
• Engineering, design and structural calculation of the best possible anchor points for lift off and center of gravity.
• Preparation of lifting plan.
• Supervision of rigging with a 2500t floating crane.
• Supervision of removal of safety brackets with two teams assisted by mobile work access units
• Supervision of lifting activity.
• Supervision of positioning of the revolving structure on the quay side.
• Preparation of a full de-commissioning, repair, fabrication and commissioning documentation.
• Supervision of installation and commissioning.
• Load and overload test.
• Hand Over.