Please click here for Alatas Singapore Pte Ltd T&C's | Please click here to view our Alatas Singapore Crane Services brochure
Liebherr Deck Crane - Replacement of Rope Sheave Bearing
The vessel is equipped with two Liebherr 60T cranes, type CBB 60(40)/16(28.5). On crane 1 the hoisting rope sheave bearing had failed and also damaged the sheave pin. ALATAS Singapore was tasked to procure a new pin and Teflon spacers and carry out the sheave repairs at anchorage
Following work was carried out, on an around the clock basis:
1. Delivered spare parts, i.e. 1x fabricated rope sheave pin & 2x Teflon spacers, tools and staging material on board.
2. Slacked crane1 hoisting and luffing wire ropes and removed hoisting wire from defective rope sheave.
3. Erected a hanging staging on top of the crane 1 slewing column around the work area.
4. Welded distance brackets between rope sheave mounting plates, so as to prevent distorting the plates during jacking-out of the rope sheave axle.
5. Jacking out rope sheave pin via hollow jack
6. Not able to jack out pin, as it was already jammed. Decided to flame cut and gauge out the pin.
7. Cut the pin, removed cut pieces of pin & bearing and brought down rope sheave to the main deck for further repairs.
8. Cleaned and polished sheave bush and snap ring slots.
9. Replaced new bearing and brought up sheave to the crane slewing column top.
10. Installed repaired sheave, new pin and Teflon spacers back into location
11. Put back hoisting wire rope and removed staging and all items
12. Test all crane functions with various speeds to the satisfaction or the attending Supt Eng.
The repair was carried out successful and in time, and the crane was fully restored.